VOTE TO OVERTURN OVERNIGHT (PERMIT) PARKING DISTRICTS (OPDs) IN VENICE AT THE VENICE PUBLIC LIBRARY ON SATURDAY FEB. 21, FROM 12:30pm to 3:30pm ONLY!
Please come early as there will be a big turnout and we want to make sure everyone gets a chance to vote! You will be able to vote as long as you are in line at 3:30pm, are registered with the VNC and can prove that you live, work or volunteer in the Venice Neighborhood Council (VNC) area.
YOU CAN VOTE IF YOU CAN PROVE:
(A) YOU LIVE IN VENICE
(B) YOU WORK IN VENICE
(C) YOU VOLUNTEER FOR A VENICE CHURCH OR NON-PROFIT
All Venice “Stakeholders” are eligible to vote and must be registered with the Venice Neighborhood Council (VNC). If you are not registered please download and complete the registration form (available at the VNC website) and provide credentials (listed below).
Bring the completed registration form with you to the Feb 21 OPD Election at Venice Public Library 12:30 – 3:30pm with your credentials and picture ID to verify your status as a stakeholder .
* You can register on the day of the election but, to save time, please download, print and fill out the form to bring with you when you vote.
• CA Drivers License (with an address within the VNC area)
• CA Residency Card (with an address within the VNC area)
• School ID Card (for school within VNC area) plus proof-of-age (16+)
• School report card (for school within VNC area) plus proof-of-age (16+)
• A business card (In combination with any of the following with a matching Venice address — Business license, business check, or pay stub).
• A recent utility bill (to registrant with an address within the VNC area)
• An imprinted check (including an address within the VNC are)
• Pay stub (from a business with an address within the VNC area)
• Property tax bill (with an address within the VNC area)
• Church/Religious Institution within the VNC area: Letter (on church letterhead with contact information) from Church/Religious institution attesting to stakeholder volunteer work.
• Nonprofit Organization within the VNC area: Letter (on organization letterhead with contact information) from nonprofit organization attesting to stakeholder volunteer work.
• Senior Group within the VNC area: Letter (on group letterhead with contact information) from senior group attesting to stakeholder volunteer work.
• Venice Beach Boardwalk Public Expression Permit
• Passport (only in combination with another credential item)
Previously registered stakeholders who are listed as such on the records available at an election must establish their identity and sign the record before being allowed to vote. All credentials and forms of identification must be valid at the time of the election.